Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Keeping busy

I finished the Hexi cardigan 
It turned out well I think. It fits me so that’s a bonus. I’ll definitely make more in various sizes. If no one wants them they’ll go into the charity pile at knitting 


I’ve sorted the tea towels and ironed them
Now I just have to trim them and work out how to place them 

Different sizes and the two different ways the towels go will determine how it all works. I’m thinking two quilts rather than one large one 




The asparagus needed to be cut back. 
A couple had some new spears. So I ate those. Yummy 



Looks much better. I’ll get some organic compost to top dress   And hopefully we will get some yummy asparagus in the spring 




I’ve  harvested some of the dwarf cabbages and have prepped them in here. 

First time making sauerkraut ever. So also the first time using the crockpot 



I’ve followed the YouTube and all the salted cabbage is in here. 
It’s a water seal system so all I have to do is make sure the water level covers the small hole 

In six weeks I’ll have yummy sauerkraut 
Well here’s hoping anyway 

9 comments:

  1. The hexi cardi looks great. I much prefer those crochet garments when they're in one colour. Yours looks elegant.
    Have never eaten sauerkraut. Im going to pickle a few cucumbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s just pickled cabbage. I used to make bread and butter pickled cucumbers they were really yum

      Delete
  2. I'm wondering if there's a pattern for the hexi cardi? It does drape nicely. Did you crochet it in cotton?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it’s a wool, silk acrylic blend.
      If you Google hexi cardigan I’m sure a pattern will come up. You can also check out you tube

      Delete
  3. That cardigan is lovely! I'm not a fan of sauerkraut myself but it's supposed to be super healthy to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. F loves the colour of your cardi - did you add some extra length? And she's keen to know how the fermented cabbage goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did add length. I ran out of the main colour so I used another that’s very similar. I think it works

      Delete
  5. Your cardigan is just lovely. Fermented cabbage is an acquired taste - not mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cardigan was quite popular when I start high school.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete