Monday, July 24, 2023

Experimenting

I got a delivery of grappa from our lovely neighbour before I left on my trip. So I put some lemon peel in with it and left it to steep. 

I only remembered it today. so I’ve made my limoncello 



My rhubarb is going nuts. I was searching the other day on how to use it up. 

Someone made rhubarb liquor using vodka 

I had another bottle of grappa and thought. Why not give it a go. 

Here it is and Is been stored in my special hideaway 
I’ll give it four to six weeks. Depending on when I next think of it and add the sugar syrup just like I do for the limoncello 



I’ll definitely let you know how the experiment goes 

Meanwhile progress on the blanket is slow but steady. 
I’m on the white repeat now. 

I’ll then do three repeats of the yello and it should be done 



I can’t remember how big the other blanket was. But this is a good baby size and I figured that’s what I would of made back then 
He hadn’t been born yet so I definitely would of made a baby size. 

Got to the pool this morning. It was hard leaving a warm house. I seriously considered canceling my membership!

Once there it’s an enjoyable time and then off for coffee with my girls. 

Let’s hope I’m
Good again tomorrow. 
Seriously walking away from a roaring fire takes a lot of determination and discipline 

Enjoy your day 

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had a still going!! Homemade moonshine..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No a neighbour does and he gives us a few bottles every few months.

      Delete
  2. Yes, let us know how your rhubarb hooch turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to let me know about the grappa limoncello. I made the last lot with raki which is similar to grappa. I did not like the taste at all and am not making any more. I have about 2 litres of raki limoncello and don't know what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mix it with lemonade. I do add lots of sugar when making it. It’s very sweet which is fine. It’s not sweet when I mix it

      Delete
  4. You have a special hideaway? From whom are you hiding your grog!! The blanket is such a lovely gesture. You are good people, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not hiding. It has to be in a dark and cool spot.
      Hopefully it comes out a lovely pink colour and tastes good

      Delete