Monday, July 17, 2023

Request


It’s Monday again and it’s been a cold weekend. 
Not much in the way of rain  just a little drizzle. 

I spent much of the weekend working on my crochet vest 



It’s actually a pattern for a jumper. But I think I’ll keep it as a vest. To be worn over a long sleeve tshirt. I get too hot in jumpers and this would be perfect to just throw on. 

While working away I got a message from one of my kids friends. Many moons ago I had made her new baby a blanket. One of the few I knitted. 
The new babe had decided that was “the” blanket of choice and he has carried it with him ever since 

He had a few issues and that blanket had become more than just a snuggle buddy. And it’s now eight years old and looking very sad indeed. 



This is the original blanket. I remembered it as it was such a difficult pattern for me to get my head around 

But for this adorable little lad I’m giving it another go 



Off I went to purchase the same yarn and colours. Thankfully still available 

And knitting has commenced 




I’m going to try and work on it everyday. Without losing my mind. 

I had to rip it out once. First row   But since then I’m doing ok 

I’ve asked the craft gods to help me. For the sake of the little man who needs it. 
And that he will accept it   His very stressed mummy said he lives Harry Potter so we might have to explain that magic was involved and that this is an exact replica of the original 

Please send me and the mummy and son good wishes 
For a great outcome. 

And now back to knitting 

3 comments:

  1. So nice of you to recreate the blanket! Good wishes to everyone! And yes, if Harry Potter can help, throw some of him in too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing your crochet vest. I've been thinking of making one too. Last winter I knitted a jersey . It's very heavy.
    The blanket pattern looks a bit complicated, for me anyway. But You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never learn to knit.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete