Sunday, July 9, 2023

Going slow

This garden bed was overrun with nasturtiums 
So it had to come out. I didn’t get before shots as hubby pulled it all out while I was at art class yesterday 




The plants were totally cover so I’ve cut them back. They have already started to reshoot. I’m hopeful they’ll all come back just as beautiful 



In the background are the piles  of nasturtiums. The stock have nibbled at it. They may yet get eaten 

The pile of dead cuttings will get mulched by hubby and the ride on mower 



Here’s hubby whipper snipping before mowing 



The second garden bed. The nasturtiums haven’t taken over as yet. But I’ll keep an eye on it 



Now I’ve had a hot bath. Eaten lunch and had pain meds 

That’s pretty much all I’ll do today 
I plan to get back into it very slowly 

3 comments:

  1. I wish nasturtiums would grow like that for me. I love them, for looking and eating, and they've never rioted like yours. Glad to hear you're getting back slowly. I notice your art class took priority. Good move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nasturtiums for their greenery and the flowers. They do take over but they're better than clover . I'm trying to keep some of mine alive in this summer heat.
    Nice that you can mulch them with a ride on mower, once they're pulled out.
    Take your time and enjoy your days

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always work to do with gardens and flower beds!

    ReplyDelete