Sunday, December 24, 2023

Christmas Eve

Harvesting and processing of vegetables for use in the slow cooker over winter 

These bags have zucchini. Button squash and beans 



Used the silver beet to make spanakopita to have tomorrow during Christmas lunch 



Have picked heaps of apricots. And there are still more on the tree. Netting it sure has paid off 

We will have some fresh. 
I cook some down and freeze for crumbles when ever we feel like something yummy 

I light even harvest some of my rhubarb and mix them together. 
Apricot and rhubarb crumble or pie in a cold winters night sounds like a great way to warm up 



And yesterday our fridge decided to give up the ghost 
Thankfully it didn’t wait until Christmas Day! 

Hubby bought a new one. We installed it and transferred all food. 

I found a photo from 11 years ago and that fridge was in to. So i  guess we did get our money’s worth from it. 



I’ve done all the prep I can for tomorrow 
Fresh fruit and salad stuff was purchased this morning 

I have my parents over for Christmas lunch tomorrow 
And my kids on Boxing Day 

Good thing I’ve got lots of chilled wine in the drink’s fridge lol

Don’t stress everyone. It will all be ok
Merry Christmas y’all 

2 comments: