Monday, December 4, 2023

Secrets

You probably think I spend a fortune on Christmas decorations. 
I don’t    

I shop the after  Christmas sales. When things are practically bring thrown out because they don’t want to pack it and store it for another year. 

These two lights came with lights. But they never worked   In fact they were so bad they had been cut off by the store owner. I can remember how much they originally cost. But I do know I got them at over 80% off 
Around $20 each 

I’ve had them for about four years and they kinda just sit here. But today  decided to spruce them up 



Don’t know if you can see but they now have lights 







The thin green garland was $3 
The lights were $7 but they came with batteries 
And the rest of the greenery was leftovers from another project 
The pick with the berries were $6 but two came in a packet 
So only $3 per lamp 
The red and gold bows can off a decoration that I no longer like. It too was home made. 
More recycling 

So for $13.00 each I have two “new” decorations 
I love a bargain. Don’t you?

6 comments:

  1. The refurbished lamp posts look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very ingenious! Everything custom up cycled and looking very high end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very crafty. I love a barging also. Keep the pictures coming. Leonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got an artistic talent to turn 'stuff' into gorgeous objects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll say it again - Christmas markets. And then you will have enough money to fund your crafty lifestyle for ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree I enjoy a bargain as well. Try not to pay full price for Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete