Friday, December 29, 2023

The in between

This morning we had a big sleep in. We were both really tired and needed it. 

Then a quick trip into town to buy a few more tubs, I pack Christmas stuff in them. 

Picked up some meds and then home again before to got too busy 

Then into the garden to see what needed harvesting 

The usual suspects zucchini, and beans 

I cut up the zucchini. Top and tailed the beans and snapped them into bite size. 

Got all the small potatoes, as these are less likely to last long. And finally half a pumpkin that was left over from Christmas lunch. 

All these were cut up into roughly the same size and split into four bags. 

They are now in the freezer ready for winter slow cooker meals 

I totally forgot to take a picture 

The rest of the zucchini was grated and salted and will be made into more mustard pickles 



All scraps are now being enjoyed by the chooks 




The week between Christmas and new years is always a tad strange. 
You never know what day it is   
Not that it matters.  Hubby is off work and my days are all dictated by what needs doing and what I want to do 

Now the day is warming up. I think I’ll make something yummy to eat with my apricots straight off the tree. And some left over fruit in the fridge 

I’m thinking crumble. But I’ll check out Pinterest and see. 

Enjoy your in between 

5 comments:

  1. Pumpkin at Christmas downunder?? Did you row that? I love pumpkin and would serve it every day at this time of year; Brits on the whole don't eat them ever. It just doesn't seem to be a thing here. Across Europe in the Autumn you could see huge roadside stalls of colourful pumpkins in dozens of varieties. Here they have peanut squash in supermarkets and that is your lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. No it was a bought one. I had roasted pumpkin, potatoes and carrots

      Delete
  3. It's time for pumpkin soup here. Made with squash but tastes the same. Your chooks are well looked after

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder your chickens look good -- great food!

    ReplyDelete