Friday, February 9, 2024

A full day

Ana told grandpa they needed to pick all the tomatoes 



She also wanted to water all the pots 



It was hard work so here she is resting 



Meanwhile this was our corn harvest 



Some rhubarb 



The big tomato harvest for the day 



As usual zucchini 



Eggplants and cucumbers 



All sorted and bagged for the freezer 



I’ve cut up the veggies and will make a big pot of ratatouille. Some we will eat and the rest will be frozen for winter 

It’s been a busy day and I’m exhausted 
But oh so thankful 

12 comments:

  1. Little children are a blast out in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They get really excited if they see a bug of any sort. They have to tell the whole world lol

      Delete
  2. You have had a productive day. Now rest.
    - Caro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely did have a restful afternoon and I was in bed early where I practically passed out

      Delete
  3. Lovely to have an assistant apprentice gardener

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. It’s how I learnt from helping my grandmother

      Delete
  4. Gosh Ana seems to have grown even more! Looks like she's another in the family with a green thumb
    Wonderful harvest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately se now things everything can be eaten straight from the garden. I had to tell her we needed to cook the corn first lol

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It’s been a good summer for growing. Lots of rain.

      Delete
  6. What a harvest! It looks wonderful. And your young gardener is doing well. I'm glad she's learning to like plants and how to care for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves being outside. And helping. She’s a big girl now she keeps telling me

      Delete