Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Odd jobs


I didn’t swim again. I slept in 
But I enjoyed it so I’m not too upset. 

I did head into town and met the girls for coffee 

I also got my nails done and 
Bought bags and cards for the the little princess birthdays 

There is still something coming in the post for Brianna but as her birthday isn’t until may im not worried 

I like to be organised 



After coming home I hung out one load of washing. Put another on, then headed off on the opposite direction to the quilt shop. I dropped off the large quilt for machine quilting 

They are overrun with them and I was put into the queue 

About three or four months ago! 

Not that I minded. I was warned. But finally mine was done and it looks great. Now to trim and add binding 



While I was there I may have bought a few stitcheries
And a quick table runner project 



Don’t know why its upside down   I think it has something to do with the operator lol 

Any way. I’ve hung  the second load out and now I intend to sit until it’s time to think about dinner 

It’s a lovely day. Sunny but not too warm 
Perfect really 

8 comments:

  1. Good quilters are worth waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. As it’s just for me. There was no hurry

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It’s a constant chore washing. Not complaining. Is much easier these days with a fully automatic washing machine

      Delete
  3. I can see why you would get it professionally quilted - that kind of quilting would take me forever. I've only tried it once and my hands took ages to forgive me. It's really difficult on a standard sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My machine is a quilting machine but one that you have to move the quilt around. There isn’t a long arm on it. This quilt is definitely a queen size so no way would my back allow me to quilt it. I still quilt my own if they’re smaller. But only stitch in the ditch nothing fancy these days

      Delete
  4. You're very well organised. Now thank goodness all grandkids are old enough to prefer cash, and some homemade brownies or other baking.
    But I know that buying presents for young girls can be fun. There's so much choice out there!!
    The quilt is looking good. You had an inspired vision of those t towels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. Love shopping for little ones. Especial girls. There so easy.
      I did ask their mother what they were into these days. And we did some of the shopping on Amazon while we were at the farm. So easy

      Delete