Saturday, February 10, 2024

Saturdays at home


This morning was our first art class for the year. It was lovely to be back painting and having fun. 

But work still needs to be done every day in a simple self sufficient life. 

Hubby is splitting wood for winter. He filled these cages and then stored them near the workshop as it can get too wet here for the tractor during winter 




I planted up my cuttings of palagonias, I think. 
Every one took so this will really fill the pots and empty spaces  


I’m cooking, preserving and keeping busy in the kitchen. But in between I keep knitting squares 

I’ve got 36 so far. 
I’m aiming for a hundred 



Then I have to sew them together 
That will happen during the cooler months. Maybe with the fire going. 

Today it’s a very warm and sunny day. Finally getting some summer. 

9 comments:

  1. Always plenty of work for you both! But the results are worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much work. And now we are ageing it’s getting tougher. But we try to not do too much at once. Slow and steady these days

      Delete
  2. I admire your efforts and they pay off so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you did in your painting class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Years since I saw anyone knit a genuine Peggy-square blanket - my Grandma use to make them out of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my comments are piling up in spam!

    ReplyDelete