Thursday, February 15, 2024

I’m back. For now


Well woke up this morning and I have Mobil data. 
Still no power. We received a message saying they expect it to be back by Saturday! 
Generators are going keeping all fridge and freezers running 

I’m still sleeping in the van. It cools down quicker and I can sleep. 
My devices can charge in here because of the solar power. 
Having gas we can boil water to make the most important thing of all. 
Coffee! 

I’m just knitting squares, listening to audiobooks and trying to
Stay cool during the day 

The boys are still working although if we don’t get power soon I’m sure they’ll run out of things to do. 
Sometimes you just need power 

Thank you for all your concerns 
Still counting blessings 

10 comments:

  1. This sounds better. I'm very glad you have options, what with solar and generators.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the generators are a blessing. And having the van has given us somewhere to cook shower and charge our phones

      Delete
  2. Good thing you've got those generators -- very wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What day are you on now 3 or 4 with no power? Good thing you have the van.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end of day three. Two more days to go. Hopefully

      Delete
  4. We ate sandwiches and drank warm fizz! Thank god it came back on this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sleeping in the van because there is no power for dons cpap machine and it’s much cooler in here. He could sleep here in theory. But I bagged it first lol

      Delete
  5. Thank goodness you have an alternative and enjoy camping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I got older my basics for camping got more upmarket. That’s why the generators

      Delete