Friday, February 16, 2024

Finally Friday



Power came back nine o’clock last night. 
I straight away put on a load of washing so that it would be ready to hang in the morning. 

Ana has been told grandma’s television wasn’t working so when she got here and bluey was on she was very happy. 

We spent the day chatting, watching bluey, chatting, having breakfast, chatting, and watching duggie. 

She likes a chat lol 

Then we went to see her grandpa but he wasn’t at the shed so we came home and harvested more tomatoes 

Finally I convinced her to take a nap. 
After singing to herself for twenty minutes. Ana slept for almost three hours! 

Grandma needed the rest. 

Apparently playing with grandmas knitted squares are fun to play with. 
Now all the girls have had fun looking at the different squares and making patterns. 

Maybe I won’t bother making a blanket and just leave them as they are lol 

Thank the gods for electricity 

10 comments:

  1. Knitted squares are so much fun - try these for style https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pathways-blanket
    Yes - thank goodness for tamed electricity; pleased to read that you have been restored to some kind of normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look very cool indeed. I made something similar with C2C crochet squares. I’ll try and find the pics

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your power's back, such a relief. And those knitted squares might be the best toy in ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kept her occupied for ten minutes while I worked on another square. She decided she needed the one I had on my needles. I told her I need to finish it first. She looked at her pattern decided she couldn’t go on with the one I was knitting and put it all away lol

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. She really does like helping. It will wear off eventually

      Delete
  4. Dear little Ana. Those squares are a delight and much safer than the jar of my grandmother's buttons that we played with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to play with my grandmothers buttons too. And she used to give me scarps so I could sew my dolls some new dresses. I guess it’s where we all learnt the love of crafting

      Delete
  5. Maybe let them design the blanket and sew it together as per their instructions!
    Yay for power, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three girls. I can’t see it going smoothly lol

      Delete