Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Wild weather





I’m sitting in our van writing this post I can charge my electronics in here and with all the windows open I get a nice breeze. 

Why am I doing this at home?

Because we had what I can only describe as cyclonic winds come through a few hours ago 

Trees have come down everywhere 
Some hit by lightning 
Power is out. 
Can’t get into the electric company web site to see what is the estimated time till power is back in as it’s crashed 

It looks like it’s going ti be a long night 
At least if we need we can camp in our driveway. I can have power to charge my essentials.
We can have lights so I can keep knitting and we can listen to an audiobook to keep us entertained 

I was supposed to go to melody’s eighth birthday party tonight. But the wind caused the doors at the workshop to blow in so hubby is over there fixing them 
I’m very upset about that. But the positive is all my loved ones are safe. 

And for that I’m very grateful 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that was some wild storm. I'm glad the people are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A home away from home lol. What a storm. I hope you can visit Melody tomorrow and she's saved some cake for you

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sure can use some interesting adjective to explain weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just visiting from Tigger's Wee-Blog . Wild weather, especially when unexpected, is the devil to deal with. I hope all is sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete