Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Spaghetti squash

I harvested two of my spaghetti squash. The larger one had a thick rind and I’m wondering if it was cross bred with the pumpkins across the road   I don’t know what it looks like inside as I could cut it. I’ll get hubby to do it today 



But I did cut the smaller one in half and cooked both in the air fryer 

I added some butter to it and ate it for a late lunch. 
The second half for dinner 



It had a lovely nutty mild pumpkin taste 
It really does look like spaghetti when to scrape it with a fork 

Unlike pumpkin it has low carbs. So great for those cutting carbs out of your diet 

I’ve not seen it sold in the shops which is why I grow it 

I have lots more out back. So this will be in the menu for a while. It’s a nice break from all the zucchini anyway lol 

8 comments:

  1. I am on the fence with spaghetti squash. I normally add spaghetti sauce to ours. Maybe should eat it just with butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the sauce would just melt the squash It was yummy with a little bit of butter

      Delete
  2. Butter makes everything taste good. And bacon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bacon is on the shopping list for next time

      Delete
  3. I grew spaghetti squash when our son was small, to interest him. He was amazed when it came out of the rind in strands. I used to use butter and pepper. We tried spaghetti sauce but it didn't work for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don’t think it would work. It’s just too delicate

      Delete
  4. So that's what spaghetti squash is like. I've heard of it but never seen it. I agree with Sparklingmerlot. Add butter and bacon and anything tastes good !

    ReplyDelete