Monday, April 8, 2024

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Another weekend has come and gone. 
Friday afternoon hubby, with the help of wonderson, pulled out all the summer crops
There is some weeding to do and I’ll add more compost and then I’ll plant out the winter 
Crops. 


This Hoya was given to me when it was a little plant. Five years later it’s gone ballistic. 
Hubby has attached some twine to keep the pole straight. It was starting to fall due to the weight of the plant 
Once it grows up to the top I’ll decide if I’ll let it continue or start chopping it back. 


Spotlight was having a 50% off sale so how could I resist. 
I was a good girl and only spent $130.00 but it got me quite a haul
This will replenish my stash and keep me going over the winter.  
I have no idea what I’ll make. But im sure something will come to me 


My cleaning lady has decided to wind up her business due to health. So im back to doing the heavy
Deep cleaning myself again 
So I decided to start with the worst room first. The spare bedroom. 
I’ve spent all morning cleaning, and throwing stuff out. Rearranging and packing away 
The bedding is in the washing machine and once dry I’ll remake the bed. 
I’ve vacuum and once the bed is made that room is done. 

I’ve also stripped my bed,  the sun is shining today so I might not get another chance to dry
The sheets for a while. Rain is predicted in the next few days 


While cleaning I found a cardigan I had knitted years ago. And never wore as it was way too big. 
So I’ve started to unwind it. It’s bendigo wool so good quality. 

I think I’ll use the yarn to join the squares with crocheting. 
The burgundy colour will look effective amongst the blues, greens,and beige.   I hope.  



So after a very busy morning. I’m sitting and unwinding and resting 

Until it’s time to make the beds 

Then I’ll only have to think about what to cook for dinner! 

11 comments:

  1. A great yarn haul! Now you're ready for a winter of crafting. I really like that burgundy colour. It will make anything look terrific. Keep unwinding, cardigan and body ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m hoping it will make the squares pop

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I have to keep the stash supplies up. You never know when inspiration will strike

      Delete
  3. That was some yarn shopping! I think if my cleaners quit I'd have to find another. I don't think I can manage myself these days. I'm so used to them, fifteen years now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll see how I go. Yesterday was a big day and today I’m paying for it.

      Delete
  4. Amazing what you find when you venture into little used parts of the house! (Love he burgundy colour). As for the candle flower (hoya) there was an enormous one on the front of the church I used to go to with my neighbour in Greece. One of the church ladies told me she had planted it herself and it was only 5 years old. They must grow fast in the right places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been looking for it. But couldn’t find it. I think it was put in that room when i and to store all the craft stuff when I had my craft room rebuilt. I knew I would stumble across it eventually

      Delete
  5. I love a good deal. Today were were at a craft store and I took a little look-see at the yarns. So many fun options.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s how I keep the yarn stash supplied. I hate paying full price and only shop the sales. But you need to know the prices. So you know it’s a real sale and not a fake one

      Delete
    2. I agree with that. Back when I used yarn a lot, I knew the prices and sales. Then when I worked there, I got an extra percent off. was nice.

      Delete