Tuesday, April 2, 2024

While I was away

I’ve not been in the right mood to blog 
The weather has been so bi polar it’s really doing a number on my poor broken body. 

So I’ve pretty much just seen to what must happen every day and then resting while slowly working on my squares. And I mean slowly it takes me all day to finish one!
  

A few things did happen. We got a new alpaca. He’s name is rusty 

I’m sure you can see why 

He has settled in nicely and while we were away for the  Easter long weekend he and the rest of the gang stayed in the same area the chickens are in. So extra security while they ate down the grass around the wood pile 


We left Friday morning and headed up to the farm. 
Hubbys brother and sister in law drove up to visit us which was lovely 

They drive back home the same day 
We had dinner and settled down to a colourful sunset 



The next morning was a foggy start but cleared myto a beautiful sunny day 




I walked down to the dam and there were waterfowl having a lovely time swimming and diving for food. Not sure what they eat. Could be bugs could be small fish. I’m not going in to find out 



Hubby continued to slash paddocks. We hope if we keep doing it the weeds will die and the good grasses will grow strong again. We might then be able to cut hay next year 

The next day we had friends over for a bbq lunch. That kept us busy 

Once they had gone I suggested we pack up and go home as I kept getting warnings of extreme weather 

Hubby agreed and we came home a day early. 
A good decision as he was able to mow all lawns before the deluge. 

We have since had rain. Lots and lots of rain 
But since it was so dry this morning all puddles have soaked into the ground. 

I’ve washed all the clothes and they are drying under the veranda and in my craft room. 

Dinner will be spaghetti tonight. Nice and easy as I cooked double the sauce last time. So all I have to do now is reheat and cook the pasta 

I’m sore and tired. So once again I’ll spend most of the day resting trying to get the pain under control 

For those that celebrate. I hope you had a lovely Easter   
And that you all enjoyed the break 

6 comments:

  1. You seem to have been very active. Maybe resting now is a good plan. My son and I celebrate Easter on Wednesday, his first free day. Ee usually celebrate holidays on off days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Rusty! I hope you will be happy in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest is important, at times it can even be quite healing.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that you now have had rain after being so dry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Rusty from me too. Nice to hear they're all alive and well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rusty is a great name. Glad he is adjusting Well. Cheers, lvy.

    ReplyDelete