Monday, April 22, 2024

Gorilla gardening

The sun came out in the afternoon and I was sick of being inside so I went out to water the veggies and check on their progress. 

The fig tree was damaged in the big winds a few months ago and I had been waiting for it to drop its leaves so we could transplant it into the ground 

Unfortunately it was very very heavy. 

So hubby got his machine to help do the job. As luck would have it. Wonderson was at the workshop servicing his lovely wife’s car. So he helped 

First the sling had to be placed around the pot 




And then slowly it was lifted into the air 





A final bit of help getting all branches over the fence and the job was done 



Hubby then trimmed it back and planted it into the ground. 

If it lives great. If not. I’ve got a few cuttings that have taken to plant out. 

A much  better way to move heavy pots don’t you think?

It’s washing day today so I’m off to hang out the bedding. 

Enjoy your day 


9 comments:

  1. I fancy that way of moving heavy stuff. I'd like to be the operator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t get to play with the equipment. Unfortunately it’s just too hard to get in and out of them these days

      Delete
  2. A Very nice job handling the tree. Also, I love your garden space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you. It certainly helps to have extra hands and machines

      Delete
  4. How nice to have all that machinery at hand. Fingers crossed for future figs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like figs but mainly I’m planing on planting a few in a row to give the chickens summer shade and they can clean up the fallen fruit. A win win all round for them

      Delete