Sunday, April 21, 2024

Weekend

Friday as usual was ana day and she arrived looking a little tired.  
We had cuddles on the couch and when she wokenu0 proper we had breakfast. 
Toast, with peanut butter and some apple. 

But by eleven she wanted a sleep. So by the time she woke up her grandfather was here and she was a happy little Lady 
Grandpa is the favourite. Grandma is second best lol 

I finished off my hexi cardigan and it’s very warm indeed. 

I might add to the band around it. It’s curling so I think a couple of more rows should fix that. I have plenty of yarn left 





Yesterday was art day and we started a new paining.  Its always exciting and a little daunting when we start something new 
And we never make it easy on ourselves. We’ve picked a picture, from the internet, of the giants causeway 
I’ve got a few pics of my visit. But as the day was grey and misty we decided to use a picture that has a beautiful sunset sky. 

I’ve started a top down jumper for hubby. I’m kinda winging it. 
I started using a pattern. But it got complicated. I’m a see and do person.  Not a read and follow   
So I found a YouTube and I’m using that as a guide. 
I’ll definitely show you how it progressing in a few days. 

Out to dinner last night for a friends birthday. A lovely little Italian restaurant In Montrose 
It reminded me of one my sister in law and I went to in Rome   The food was fabulous 
We had a set menu for $50 a head and I got to say I was so full that by the time the endless pizza part arrived I just couldn’t eat another bite

So today is a rest day for both hubby and me. 
He’s lit the fire, it’s looking very grey out there. 
I’ll continue working on his jumper while he watches sports and car racing on the television 

Yes we are a boring old couple now. 
And that’s how we like it. 

Enjoy the rest of the weekend. 

11 comments:

  1. You sound like a fun couple, to me. Great that the granddaughter is there for a visit. was that fifty per couple or per person? Any fun doggy bags to take home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fifty each but we got lots of food for that.
      No doggie bags as we left early. We had sent the message to the kitchen to not make anymore pizzas as everyone was full. We don’t like to waste

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a cozy contented couple. A replete one, too, after that meal.
    You have a dress form! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly we rolled out of that place. I was so full. Yes it’s just a cheap one I’d love one that I can adjust to make it my size. But for now it’s good enough

      Delete
  3. Have you blocked the jacket? That might help with the curling.
    Endless pizza - now there's a thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven’t. But I really think it needs a couple of more rows. It’s too thin right now.

      Delete
  4. The jacket is wonderful. I'm sure a few more rows will sort out the problem. It's going to keep you cosy over the winter.
    Good luck with the jersey. I spent all winter knitting a vest for myself. Just couldn't get into it and had to redo the neck 3 times. Trouble is that I just wing it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started using one pattern and I just didn’t understand so I’m following the video. For now anyway. I’ll be winging it mostly and I’ll see how it goes. It’s all a learning curve I guess

      Delete
  5. The hexi cardigan does indeed look very warm and cuddly -- will be great for cool days/nights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s getting cooler everyday. It won’t be long and I’ll definitely be wearing it

      Delete