Sunday, April 14, 2024

Progress report

The quilt is on the table and waiting on the pinning 




All squares are done it’s a large blanket so definitely a double bed size at least 



 Crocheting them together. It’s a much quicker process than stitching. I like the effect of the burgundy lines 
Should have it finished in a few days 




And even though her  birthday isn’t until the 15th. We had her birthday party yesterday. 

The first party was at a play centre which we didn’t attend. 
The second was at home which grandparents attended. 





Ana looked like she had a wonderful day and she got lots of lovely gifts. 

She still has her birthday celebration at day care to look forward too 

I’m so very glad that part of my life is over. It’s so much easier bring the grandma and just showing up 

15 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, little one! So many different celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes the good times last Thankfully I didn’t have to go to all of them

      Delete
  2. Yes, Happy Birthday to the wee little one. Great job on the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to her! I hear that from other grandmas too! So much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kronia poll Ana. That's a good Greek celebration. 3 days of parties.
    I prefer crocheting squares together. It's easier and I like the look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up crocheting them together and I really liked the way they turned out

      Delete
  5. Gosh when you set your mind to something you plough on and do it. Your van will have some more cosy new blankets/quilts before winter is here.
    Did you make Ana’s cake?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My word you will be able to survive an ice age in your van at the rate you have been making quilts and blankets since I have been following your blog. Nice job on the crochet - i agree, much easier than sewing. Happy Birthday Ana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots have been given away lol. We are going to build a machinery shed and part of it will be turned into a little home away from home. With couches that turn into beds. I’ll need blankets for this

      Delete
  7. You are certainly a machine when it comes to craft.
    Ana looks delightful in her party gear. I remember having kids' birthdays at home. Oh the planning and chaos and cleaning up. Play centres are much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to do a few things at a time and they all finished together it looks like I’m really fast but in reality it’s been weeks and weeks lol

      Delete