Saturday, August 7, 2021

Knitting for Anastasia

Before Ana was born her mummy and I went shopping and found some beautiful soft coloured yarn 
As soon as I saw it I knew exactly what I wanted to make with it 

I had printed a free pattern for a dress years ago, and although I loved it 
I hadn’t made one as it seemed way above my skill set 



But having found the perfect yarn, and wanting to make something special for the newest 
Granddaughter I decided I’d give it a go. 

I was hoping I’d be able to get some help from the ladies at knitting but alas because of lockdowns I was left to my own devices

Then half way through I had the jumpers Lyn wanted me to finish so the dress was put aside so I could work on those  


I finally got it back out just over a week ago and worked periodically on it 
I was up to the bottom of the skirt and i needed total silence to work on it 
I knit saying watch stitch as I do it because I need to really concentrate lol 

Today I finished it and I’m so glad I decided to make it a bigger size 
It will probably fit Ana when she’s around one 
I hope her mama likes it 

It’s not perfect. There are mistakes that I have corrected throughout and some I haven’t 
But overall I’m proud of myself 
I pushed myself way out of my comfort zone 

If I ever make another one it’s going to be way into the future 
But I don’t see it happening to be honest, I like to craft and listen to my audiobooks or watch a movie and
You cannot do this pattern while doing any of that 

Hopefully your all well 
Stay safe 
See ya 




5 comments:

  1. Looks like you did a great job. Plus look like it pretty soft.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s very soft yarn. It was lovely to work with. Thank you

      Delete
  2. Very pretty - is it top down knitting? I like top down for many things except that the knitting gets bigger and therefore progress slower as you approach the end. You have done a great job of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. It’s a free pattern from yarnspirations called fairy leaves knit dress
      I like the knit down cardigans but this is the first dress I’ve made

      Delete
  3. That's a beautiful little dress. Well done. Bet you're the only one who notices those mistakes

    ReplyDelete