Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Castles and stones

Today I ticked off a long time bucket list item. 
Stonehenge. It was as amazing as I had imagined 
No amount of pictures would do it justice.  If you ever get the chance to go. Do it 




After Stonehenge we went to Windsor castle. Wow so big! So majestic. 

Going through was like going through history 
No pictures were allowed inside unfortunately. So I bought books at both locations for future reference 





This is Saint George’s chapel. Where the Queen and Prince Philip are now buried together 
We actually walked past the place they’re buried together and saw the stone plague. I finally was able to curtsy to Her Majesty 



If you watched Princes funeral you will recognise this area.  The family all walked down here to the chapel 



It was moving to walk places  I had watched on the television of somber moments. As we walked through the chapel past the spot the Queen sat alone during her husbands funeral. It broke my heart again. 

I’m glad they’re together again 

6 comments:

  1. You're really getting such a lot out of this tour. Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Stonehenge. Hampton court was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Each place is magnificent in its own unique way! Too bad no photos allowed at Windsor but it must increase book sales, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're an old softie! Glad you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is some distance to cover in a day. Nice countyside to see along the way too we expect.

    ReplyDelete