Sunday, May 21, 2023

Cruising. Greenwich and goodbye

Today we cruised down the river Thames to Greenwich. 






It was a beautiful day on the water. 
At Greenwich we had a few hours to ourselves so we went to the market 



And to the maritime museum 









Then off to our final dinner together at Trafalgar Tavern 









Still all decorated for the coronation 

We are back in our room  now and said our goodbyes. Made lots of friends but one particular couple we just hit it off. 
I think I collect Canadian friends on tours lol 

It’s been a wonderful week. We have done so much that I never Could of achieved on my own. 
Lots of laughs along the way.  A wonderful tour director and coach driver 

But now. We move on to the next chapter of our journey. 
Tomorrow morning we move to our next temporary home. 
I hope you continue to come along with us 

9 comments:

  1. If I ever get back to England again, I definitely want to go to Greenwich this time! Looking vicariously forward to the next part of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve enjoyed the past week living your tour by long distance- you didn’t mention packing up each night so I’m assuming you ‘stayed’ in the one place and were taken out each day. If that’s the way it’s a great idea and wish those sort of tours had been available years ago. So where to next??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we were in the tower hotel the whole time. And we are at the next hotel for about ten days. Makes it much easier

      Delete
  3. I hope you checked your watch at Greenwich?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmmm no lol the meridian line is way up on a hill. I didn’t go there

      Delete
  4. I been to Maritime museum and liked.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'll be with you all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been a busy week, but you've seen many if Londons sites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh ...then you were stamping about F's part of London. She lived along that part of the Thames for over 20 years.

    ReplyDelete