Friday, May 5, 2023

Last one

For a while anyway. This is my last Friday with Ana for two months 

Breakfast was crumpets with Vegemite 
And of course you need to read something while enjoying it 



An was not her usual bubbly self. She wasn’t sick or grumpy. Just not as bright and cheery. She was happy to sit snuggled under a blanket watching TV, playing on an etch’s sketch. Her cheeks were getting red and she wanted her dummy 



We went outside for some fresh, and very cold, air. 
We collected leaves so we glued them on some coloured paper. 
She did perk up when I got the craft supplies out 



Her mamma came to pick her up and take her home. I gave her an extra big hug and kisses. 

I won’t see her again until I come home. 
I’ll miss the little munchkin. 

The downside of travelling. 

9 comments:

  1. But imagine the hugs when you get home.
    And there's always technology!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was me ... sparkling!

      Delete
    2. I hope she will still love me

      Delete
  2. My grandma always used to call the baby's soother a "dummy." I haven't heard that old term in years! I bet it's a British-ism and that's why it shows up both in Canada and Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t like the word pacifier. It just seems wrong to me.
      We all use the term dummy here.

      Delete
  3. Aww...she's so sweet! I know you'll miss her!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's a britspeak term. Pacifier seems a bit high falutin'. Will you be able to FaceTime when you travel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll definitely be able too. It’s just will they be awake at the same time I will lol
      Yes! Sounds very posh. And I’m definitely not posh lol

      Delete