Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Surprise gift

My lovely friend Kym dropped off a bag of seedlings yesterday. I’m pretty sure they’re foxgloves 

I really didn’t have any room in a garden bed do decided I needed more pots 



After visiting my neighbour I started to cart some scoria to put in the bottom of the pots. 

It was not a great idea. My wonderful son then came over to help me. 

Together we filled the pots and I planted them out 



While at my neighbours I saw he had these metal poppies I really liked them so bought a few. 

When the pots were delivered there were extras 
He is a lovely young man. 



Now I just have to wait for plants plants to grow 



They will look awesome 

Something to look forward to when I get back from holidays 

5 comments:

  1. Hope your gardener has been given a list of instructions to keep your garden growing!
    Meantime I love those metal poppies. I like the touch of extra colour and they dont need watering lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is now in charge of reminding hubby to not let the plants die.
      The neighbour will be reminding him as well lol

      Delete
  2. whole hillsides of foxglove used to be part of the scenery where F comes from in NZ, but she struggles to keep them growing in her UK garden. We hope tht yours do well and thrive and put on a fabulous display. xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve got them in the ground and they grew really well. So fingers crossed they grow well in the pots

      Delete
  3. those poppies are just what I need to add a splash of colour.

    ReplyDelete