Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Leicester square and guardians


Today we wanted to just take it nice and easy. 
So we went off to Leicester square to have proper look around. We kinda just walked through it on the tour 












So many statues of beloved characters 












There were a few movie theatres there so we decided to go see a movie. 
We almost went to see the new little mermaid. 
But then I spotted guardians of the galaxy. 
Nancy was a Good egg and even though she hadn’t seen the other two movies agreed 

I laughed 
I cried 
It was wonderful. 
And even Nancy looked it. She will now the other two movies when we get home 

Then a spot of shopping. It’s what you do when you have grandchildren, and then back home on the underground 

We are getting very confident now. Old hands at it
Resting before going to little Sicily for dinner 

12 comments:

  1. You've made me want to visit London again! But maybe when it's cooler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely cooler would make walking around much easier.
      Although it’s nice to have sunny days

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed "Guardians of the Galaxy" -- I want to see it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish our town had more street art.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes look pretty and people come out to admire it

      Delete
  4. Leicester Square has developed since F was last there. Were the 'portrait' artists still there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. And street art. It was a busy and lively place

      Delete
  5. Do they still have the cabinets of pizza outside the restaurants in Leicester sq? Never eat it, saw pigeons walking round inside them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My comment about Paddington disappeared. Oh well, I'll just eat my marmalade sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when that happens. Enjoy the sandwich 🥪

      Delete