Thursday, June 1, 2023

All about wildlife


This morning we walked to kings cross station to check out where we need to go and what line our train to York will be on 

While there a man walked past with a bird of prey which flapped its enormous wings and brushed my head. I got very excited lol 

So after this encounter we decided a visit to the zoo might be nice 

Off we went on our adventure 













As soon as we got in we had another Harry Potter moment. He came to this zoo where he let the python out and got his cousin Dudley stuck in the enclosure 

We were a tad excited by this lol 













We visited the Aussie outback area because ya know   It’s just politeness to visit the other Aussie’s in the area 







Then we went into the lemurs enclosure and one just about jumped on my shoulder when it saw it’s carer coming to feed them 







The meerkats are always adorable and the otters were very vocal 







The giraffe was shy 









I’ve never seen an okapi. Isn’t he beautiful 





Then a quick view of the Galapagos tortoises and some penguins before going out through the gift store 

I think there is some law in the uk that says all exits must go through a store. 

So more  souvenirs were purchased. Once again I do have three granddaughters so that’s my excuse 

And we caught a taxi home. 
Resting now before going to our favourite pub in the area one last time. 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the zoo visit. Were you feeling a little homesick and in need of a kangaroo fix? I'm glad you're going to York, my old stamping grounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn’t know they had wallaby’s there. It was nice to see a bit of home

      Delete
  2. The zoo visit looked fun. Love York.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blue frogs would make any day out special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently they’re poisonous. But so very cute

      Delete
  4. Will you need to buy a spare suitcase to take all your souvenirs home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought a small case as carry on. I always planned to do this. So my clothes fit in that one and the big case will be full of souvenirs.

      Delete