Monday, October 2, 2023

Another Monday

Between the weather fluctuations and now the spring forward time change I’m all at sea with my sleep cycle 

I didn’t actually fall asleep until the wee small hours of the morning and so had a sleep in

I’ve been slow to start. But I’m getting stuff done 

Bed stripped and sheets on the line 
A load of my washing is also drying 

The sun is lovely so I decided to tackle this area 

It’s in bad need of TLC


I slowly worked my way into the garden bed. You can just see my knee pad that has handles to help me get back up 

Over the weekend I had bought some more clivias. I had one in here and it really needed friends 



It’s not a perfect job. But it is a vast improvement 
I’m thinking that the use of poison is something I’m going to have to come to terms with. The couch grass is really bad here and ripping it up is like tackling with the hydra. Break off one piece and three grow in its place 

No food is grown here ,  Although I’ll have  to keep the dogs away for the day I spray 

I’m now done for the day. 
Outside anyway. I’m sure I’ll find something to do inside 

4 comments:

  1. I hear you about using poison. Fortunately the variety of cooch here is something I can deal with. it's the blackberry that is driving me to consider poison. it even comes up through cracks in the pavement, and roots are coming under the fence and sprouting on my side - and I simply can't get at the rest of it so will have to swallow my principles and kill it by nasty means.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a pickle. I think if we use it on problem areas we are still much better than those that spray everywhere. I don’t want the frogs to die off and I want the bugs in my garden. I just don’t want the cooch

      Delete
  2. Sounds like perfect weather for gardening. All sounds as though it's time to take drastic measures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather, as usual, has changed again and today we have rain
      So no more gardening for the time being

      Delete