Monday, October 16, 2023

Purists look away


I decided to trim the quilt and put on the binding. 

I’ve saved the off cuts of the wadding. I sew them together and use them in other quilts 


I looked into the box of scrap strips and sewed enough to go around the whole quilt 


This is me doing the math to work out how long it had to be. 
First I add it up myself and then check it with the calculator 



This isn’t a traditional quilt. So I figured I don’t have to finish it in a traditional way. 
Normally I’d hand stitch this part. But seriously that would mean hours bend over sewing. 
Not good on my back, neck and shoulders 

So I just turned it over and stitched it with the machine. So much quicker 


And here it is. All done 
It’s going to go into the pile of blankets for the kids caravan 
To keep my most precious loves  snuggly and warm. 



Like a big hug from grandma 

5 comments:

  1. You've created a family heirloom! Looks marvellous to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than a big hug from grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hand stitching is fine but sometimes you just need quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always macine my quilt bindings - sew it to the bsck first then top stitch it from the front. It looks fab and a great idea that i might filtch with your permission.

    ReplyDelete