Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Unsettled


Today I can’t seem to settle down to one thing. 
I started working on this blanket. But as you can see it’s really wide. 
So wide it might actually end up being vertical stripes instead of horizontal 

I’ll see how the stash of wool holds out. 




As you can imagine it gets heavy and my arms ache working on it. So I continued 
Working on a small blanket to make it larger 
Just to give my arms and shoulders a rest 

But then I was getting hot working with yarn. So I decided to make another quilt top. 
I was able to use up this fabric from my stash. It doesn’t really match anything else 
I have. So it works perfectly for this 


While all this is going on. I’m listening to this audiobook 
My travel buddy Nancy suggested it. 



So far it’s fairly good. 
It helps that the narrator is speaking with a Scottish accent 

I am the only one who has many WIP’s? 

10 comments:

  1. I think it's common. You need a change of pace sometimes. I've got a weaving project, a cording basket, socks, and a stitched wall hanging at the moment. Different fiber forms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it helps to keep the pain levels down in a particular area of your body. No over stressing it

      Delete
  2. A variety of WIP gives your brain space to create in different ways and often brings inspiration to things that you have put aside for a while. I must lose count of the things that have turned out better than originally intended or imagined because I took a break and then had a flash of inspiration. Your latest quilt top looks very patriotic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve still got a few tea towels. I’ve even got some from a trip up north of Australia that I need to start. I really like my memory quilts and you have to get creative to make them all fit together

      Delete
  3. I have many WIPs but I don't know that I have worked on that many in one day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And hour each on the crochet. And then I spent the rest of the day on the quilt top

      Delete
  4. Wow, is that wide blanket for a King Sized bed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. Only a double. So I definitely think the stripes will go vertically lol

      Delete
  5. I hate WIPs. I'd rather frogSthe whole darn thing than leave it to one side. But that's just me. Im not working on anything just now. Summer was too hot and now I can't decide what to make.
    Xmas stockings? Another blanket/throw. Done those. A jersey. That was last year's project. I think I might make a sleeveless vest. I loved yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve been working on all three at the same time.
      Big projects start to weigh me down so I do something that’s quick to keep me interested lol

      Delete