Monday, October 30, 2023

Leeks

I woke late this morning and started slowly I fed the dogs and cats, just to get them to shut up, and enjoyed my coffee. 

Lovely Terry arrived, after dropping of his girls at school, and helped me with the chickens. 

By this time the meds had kicked in, so I decided to pull out the leeks and get more space ready for summer planting 


After pulling these out, I added a layer of seed raising mix and sowed some lettuce seeds. Hopefully I’ll be able to pick leaves through summer for fresh salads 



After cleaning and chopping the leeks. I’ve bagged them all up and put them in the freezer 
I’ll be able to use these during winter in my slow cooker 



I also planted corn seeds in between the corn seedlings 
If they come up I’ll have staggered harvests of corn 

After all that I  spent the afternoon crocheting and resting 
After the big day out I'm a tad tired 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't found any leeks yet. We are going across to the mainland tomorrow so I will have a look. They did very well last year and I love them.
    Enjoy your days in the garden and on the couch. And, of course, take it easy, smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew these from seed as more people start to grow food it’s getting harder and harder to get seedlings. So now when I find a packet of seeds I buy it.
      It was terrible during the covid lockdowns. Even seed packets were hard to get

      Delete