Wednesday, April 12, 2023

A slight glitch




Yesterday I received both my annual flu shot and covid vaccination 
The wonderful pharmacist who administered these injections did it with barely a sting. 

All day long I was waiting for the sore arm and side effects.  Nothing. 
I was feeling very proud of myself. This was a breeze. 
Oh how wrong was I 

I got the shots 10.00 am 
By 9.30pm I started to go downhill and almost to the minute
At 10.00pm my head started to Pound 

As soon as I felt myself crashing I went to bed. Hoping to head it off 
The headache was the worst. I woke up a few times and then went back to sleep 
Each time thinking I’ll sleep it off 

By four thirty this morning I had to take some pain meds. 
The headache was so bad I could hardly see. 
The meds worked and I’m able to move around now without thinking my head will fall off
But it’s still there. A dull ache. 

So no swimming today 
No going into cranbourne to get stuff done 
The arms are sore 
And I feel wrecked due to broken sleep 

Apparently I’ll be much better tomorrow 
I hope so. 
I keep telling myself this is for the greater good 

I don’t want the flu or covid, especially while I’m away  


9 comments:

  1. Those are two powerful shots to take at once. I hope the aftereffects soon fade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve been resting all day. And I definitely feel batter. I’ve been taking pain meds and will until tomorrow. It’s supposed to get better then

      Delete
  2. The covid shot usually affects me for a day or so -- headache and fatigue. The flu shot gives me a stiff arm for a few days. I hope you bounce back soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sure I’ll be ok by tomorrow. Just resting today

      Delete
  3. I had the flu and covid booster last week around 3pm and by midday the next day was on the couch feeling heavy and tired [which I fully expected] and I knew I would wake up the next day fine so I was wishing the hours away. I actually had a headache late at night and took some panadol and the next day woke up normal. This is what I was expecting so made sure I didn't have anything on the day after the shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Just watching the clock tick the hours away and I do feel better than I did this morning. And one reason I had it early in the week. I have grandma duties on Friday and I need to be much better by then

      Delete
  4. You are brave (and possibly sensible) getting it all in one ugly hit. Mind you they say that the reaction is a measure of the effectiveness of your immune system in responding to the foreign stuff. Who knows? FiL (nearly 90) got both at once and had no ill effects at all. Hope you are over it really soon. xxx Mr T and F

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a nurse of old, we'd Never give two such strong reactionary injections together! Too often the body has a really hard time fighting off the effects of the Flu vaccine much less the Covid, as well. Hope you're feeling better today? Worried about that headache!
    hughugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had both at once and no side effects but you got a doozy!! Hope you are feeling much better by tomorrow

    ReplyDelete