Tuesday, April 4, 2023

The season that was


The last of the summer crop. 
There is also one little spring onion that was hiding under a tomato plant so a small pot of ratatouille I think 



Garden beds empty. 
I’ll weed it again in a week or so   Then I’ll add compost and put them to bed for the winter. They have earned rest 




The second lot of beetroot seeds are sprouting 
Lots of yummy greens during winter 



Reminder the seedlings. This is one wicking bed. Can’t remember what went where but they’re all going great 




The leeks are standing tall and proud 



A lesson to just wait. I got a strawberry plant from the crop swap and it looked like it had died.  I resist the burger to pull it out knowing strawberries are great at doing a Lazarus. 

And it has!  An Easter miracle 



The other strawberries are a tad confused. It doesn’t matter. I had a couple while I was out there 



I thought the strawberries were a tad confused, but the daffodils are just as confused. A friend gave me a small tree from their yard and these came in the bundle. The tree has gone to god, But the daffodils are multiplying. 



They have been here a few years now but I’m pretty sure this is the earliest they have started to come back. 

Just goes to show you. You never can tell 

8 comments:

  1. Now I can care for them I will plant my leeks. I think Three overwatered the basil in my absence but the oregano is going very well.
    I know there are early flowering daffodils but this is a bit silly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you’re in the area stop in and I’ll give you more basil . It’s going crazy.

      Delete
  2. Your last-of-summer crop looks more than all-of-summer crop last year lol
    Still lots of goodies to come for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as I’m harvesting something I’m happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patience is a Virtue! lol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. Gardening has taught me that for sure

      Delete
  5. Cycle of seasons - our leek seeds are just coming up (and lost in the weeds that have sprouted at the same time!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weeds! The bane of my existence

    ReplyDelete