Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Another week begins


This morning I woke up a little late. But still made it to the pool before seven. 
It felt good to be back in the water.  
So many were missing. The flu is doing the rounds I think. 
I remembered to pause my membership for the duration of my holiday, another job done 
After that I did a quick shop and came home. 
I had to ask wonderson to help me chop up one of the pumpkins our neighbour gave us 
I just don’t have the strength in my arms any more 
I’ve added carrots potatoes and of course some frozen zucchini and have made another pot of soup.
We will eat some for dinner and the rest will be frozen in single serves for hubby to enjoy while I’m away 

I rang the pharmacy to see if I could book in for my flu and covid shots. 
I was told to come down and I’ll be able to get them straight away. So off I went and 
Got both arms jabbed 

A quick visit to my travel buddy’s house to collect a copy of our itinerary so I can have one with me. 
I’ve photocopied it so there is a copy in the office so hubby and wonderson can know where I am at any particular time 

A load of washing is now drying in the sunshine and I’m sitting working on my blanket and listening to an audiobook 




I really want to finish this before I go. There is probably around 15 rows until the body of the blanket is done. 
Then I just have the boarder. 
If I work on it a few hours a day I’ll have it done. 
Only four weeks until take off

Ticking jobs off my list everyday. 

5 comments:

  1. Swimming before 7 and then all those jobs done. You're a hero!
    You deserve a lot of time after that to sit and work on your blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have got a few rows done. The blanket is so wide each row takes about ten minutes. I’ll get there.

      Delete
  2. Finally made the time to look up Y-tubes on mosaic crochet and got lost down a rabbit hole of inset vs overlay, round and round vs, side to side.... How do you decide which pattern to go with? There are so many really pretty ones to choose from and of course F wants them all... xxx Mr T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve done scarfs in the round and I love it. No ends to tie off.
      And I’ve made a bag in the round.
      But the blankets are all overlay. I find it much easier
      As for the patterns. Omg. I just purchased another one. Sooooo many.
      And then you can mix and match. Welcome to the asylum lol

      Delete
  3. You're such an early bird, a real achiever on everything today. You
    sound pretty excited about the trip, too.

    ReplyDelete