Thursday, April 6, 2023

Getting closer.

Today my lovely daughter in law invited me to come and see Ana in her Easter bonnet parade 

Ana was very confused and then so happy to see both her mummy and grandma at daycare. 

The children all walked around with their hats waving and running to their adults. It was controlled chaos lol 

But they were all very cute 



Meanwhile my big trip is approaching fast. 
In five weeks time I leave for London where my friend Nancy and I will spend over two week sight seeing and enjoying ourselves 

We will then head up to Scotland where she will meet up with her Cousin and walk for a few weeks along the country enjoying the views 

I’m not doing that 

I’m flying to Dublin and doing a Trafalgar tour of Scotland and Ireland. 

The tour will end in Edinburgh where Nancy and I will meet up and head back to London and then back  home 

I’ll be gone seven weeks.
Very excited and nervous am I. 

Today was get my spending money organised day. 
I’ve got a special travel card with most of my money in pounds on that. A small amount of cash and my Aussie credit card as emergency 

Now that’s all ticked off. 
It’s really only the packing to do. 

If you have any travel advice I’d love to hear it. 

10 comments:

  1. Wow. Getting so close. Ana is such a mini you!
    Can't help with travel. Haven't left the country since I arrived here in '71. But I guess "plan for the worst then relax and enjoy" would probably work.
    Love from the pumpkin queen!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks pumpkin queen That’s good advice

      Delete
  2. Just be safe...carry your money close to your body! Times are a bit harder for folks these days...Try to have a good time!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter where you go. This is good advice.
      I’m always ok and have a ball once I get where I’m going

      Delete
  3. That's a huge trip! Are you visiting places of family interest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. Not family, just places I’ve read about and always wanted to see if the opportunity ever presented itself. And thank the universe is has.

      Delete
  4. What an exciting trip to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get ready to come along via blog land. I’m sure by the end of it you’ll all be sick of it

      Delete
  5. Fantastic!! Scotland and Ireland are so picturesque

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I’ve heard I’ve wanted to go for ever. Never thought I’d actually get there.

      Delete