Friday, April 7, 2023

Pj day in the garden

Today we are supposed to get rain. Lots of rain. So when I woke up early I decided I’d try to get as much done in the garden as I could. 
I didn’t even stop to change. I was outside in my pyjamas. 
It’s ok the neighbours are not close enough to see me in the back yard lol 

Todays objective was to clear, top up and plant out the three big wicking beds 

You can see how much they have dropped 



This one bed took two wheelbarrow loads. As you can see my loads are probably only half loads. But for me it’s heavy enough these days 



Back bed has sugar peas which will need a trellis so they’re across the back and along the left hand side. And dwarf peas. They don’t need to climb 

Front bed has purple and green dwarf cabbage 



This bed has silver beet and a chilly plant. 
I also planted sorrel. First time for me. So we will see how it goes 



Extra sugar snaps in here. 



Finally we filled these pots and the extra purple cabbage is in the back pot. 
The other three have dwarf cauliflower in them 
By this stage hubby had woken up and started to bring in the compost mix to fill the pots  and I just planted. 
Much easier and quicker with two people 



I’m now inside   I’ve showered and dressed 
I think I’ll spend the rest of the day crocheting 
In between washing and cooking. 
Enjoy your Good Friday what ever you do 

12 comments:

  1. You will have a great harvest later in the year. I think I will have to turn most of my vege stuff into flowers to sell this place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s ok. Flowers are pretty Once you move you can take your pods with you and start food production again

      Delete
  2. So industrious and so early, too! You'll get great results soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get what you have to do done early. Then you can do what you love to do.

      Delete
  3. In your pj's! You couldn't do that around here - although i do see people, women always, wandering past in their pjs taking their kids to school. We live in a 'low income' area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the chickens saw me. And they didn’t care lol

      Delete
  4. Wonder where the rain got to - it didn’t make an appearance here in Kilsyth

    My mother had a fit when visiting us and I was pottering around in my nightie…..what will the neighbours think she said. Good job I don’t sleep in my birthday suit - then they’d have something to think about😊
    Honestly what difference does it make what you wear in your own backyard - or going to the post box - or weeding out the front. Mind you I wouldn’t go up to the shops like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don’t go out front only when giving the cats their breakfast. And i always wear a dressing gown Mind you it’s just under the veranda behind the big tree. So I’m safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. No sense in wasting precious daylight!lol
    Happy Easter!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was up and in pain anyway. Might as well be in pain for something productive

      Delete
  7. G
    Work well done. Sometimes you just have to get out there. Pj's are fine around here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They’re so very comfortable. Perfect for getting stuck into work

      Delete