Friday, April 21, 2023

Friday again

The weeks are flying and departure date is fast approaching 

I’ve been outside watering the pots under verandas that don’t get any precipitation. 

I keep harping to hubby to remember to water them. I think I’m now getting annoying 

Some of the bulbs I planted are growing. I can’t remember what went where so it will be a surprise when they flower 



You can be forgiven for thinking it’s spring. New growth everywhere 



This pot has broccolini. I can’t believe we will be harvesting soon. Well hubby will. 



This must be the radicchio. It will be able to be harvested while I’m away too 



The daffodils are continuing to grow 



The strawberries have a flush of blooms 
I might cover them to keep any berries that grow 



I’ve been really sick this week
Quite a few people who I’ve been in contact with have now got flu and a couple have Covid. 

I’ve done two Covid tests and both were negative. 
I’m feeling better today but still have swollen glands. So hubby is helping me look after Ana. 

It was nice to be able to go outside and get some  fresh air. 




The only silver lining is that I’ve got two weeks to get over this. 

Then gods willing I’ll be good to go
The countdown continues 

10 comments:

  1. Eat well, stay warm and keep away from everyone outside your family!! Two weeks to go!! You must be getting just a tad excited 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excited, nervous, terrified. It’s all the same lol

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you're so sick! You know the drill already so I won't harp...lol
    Happy weekend!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve been resting and keeping up fluids and I’m feeling so much better. Thank you

      Delete
  3. F is starting to gt a bit fidgety about whether she will have all her plants into the allotment before they go to NZ in mid May - so we know how you feel about your 'babies'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can only do what you can. I can’t believe your coming down under while I’m going up north. Ships in the night lol

      Delete
  4. You will be fighting fit in two weeks. Who will look after Ana when you're away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her parents will take turns taking Fridays off
      I’m feeling so much better already

      Delete
  5. It been a while since I took covid test.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so sick and a couple of people had test positive so I thought I’d better test

      Delete