Thursday, April 13, 2023

Step closer

Thank you all for your kind words yesterday. I’m feel sooo much better. 
Just a little wooly in the ears and nose but that’s is. 
I think the fibromyalgia makes reactions a tad stronger but they don’t usually last 
Even when I did get covid I was only really sick one day. 

The silver lining was of course a whole day to work on the blanket. 
It’s now done. 
Well the “body” of the blanket is done. I now need to work on the borders 



This is a queen size bed and it covers it nicely 
It’s a very warm and heavy blanket 
Perfect for those very cold winter nights. 



I have made a huge dent in my stash of yarn and that’s a good thing. 
Once I’m back I’ll keep checking the wool mills for more bargains. 
Some of these 200gram balls of pure wool were only $7! 
I doubt I’ll find them at that price again. But you can never say never. 

So if it takes another five or six years of bargain hunting I’ll build the stash up again 
I one thing I do know is. 
I don’t have a lack of patterns I want to try 

9 comments:

  1. That is an enormous and beautiful blanket. You must have had a huge stash to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Ange, it looks great and I reckon it'll keep your bones very warm through the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine Australia being cold.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blanket is just gorgeous.
    I might be able to help with your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can’t wait to see the border looks fantastic already.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last comment was me Ang.Kym

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done!! It will definitely keep you warm!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. That blanket is big. It's a great achievement. Well done.

    ReplyDelete