Monday, April 3, 2023

Flower show #2


I did spend some money yesterday. I mean why else would you go! 
All those bulbs cost $30 and I only bought those because I thought that would be plenty. 
It so wasn’t. I’ve planted out all the smaller pots with bulbs and the two big ones I wanted to actually plant up have none. 

So I’m thinking a mail order is needed. Jonquils and daffodils might be just what the doctor ordered.  
We will see 

I also got these knee pads. There very very soft. So hopefully will help me with the weeding that I need to get done. 



There was a pavilion selling lots of herbal teas. 
I got the turmeric one for hubby. He’s got arthritis in his ankles 
And the “ happy” tea for me. It’s supposed to make you happy, reduce stress and anxiety. As well as help
With pain relief. 
I had some last night and although I didn’t feel any happier, I did sleep really well. 
And it’s just a lovely tea to drink  



A totally useless but adorable buy was this tap top. It’s a kookaburra made in brass 
There were a number of different birds and I wanted them all! 
But at $20 each I only bought one. 

It doesn’t do a thing except look pretty. And I like that lol 


While planting all the bulbs I planted up the three remaining hanging pots. 
While planting up the first lot I had branches break off. So I stuck them in the dirt and they rooted 

So three pots planted with freebie plants. Gotta love that 


And because I just can’t help myself. I’ve got some buddleia cutting in a glass of water 
They will either root, or not. 
Either way it’s just fun to see what happens. 
And if it works I’ll have eight new plants to plant around the place 



I woke up this morning feeling very wooly. Head, nose and ears. 
Sneezing and eyes watering. 
I’ve taken an antihistamine and some panadole and something
Has worked because I do feel better. 

No swimming.  Didn’t want to pass on anything if I had it. 
Now that the gardening is done I’ll put some chicken in the slow cooker, 
Pick up my crochet and continue to listen to Sam Neil’s biography. 

Have a lovely Monday 

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good shopping day. I like your kookaburra, too! I hope you feel better soon. Was it the pollen at the flower show, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know. Might of been. I’m better now so that’s good

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. There is hemp in it. That’s the happy part maybe lol

      Delete
  3. Interesting knee pads. Never seen anything like that before.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they help to stop the pain in my knees.

      Delete
  4. O fcourse you had to do shopping. You should have a wonderful display from those bulbs and I do like the tap top. We have one outside. An owl I think.
    Sam Neil's biography would be an interesting read. Do tell us once youve read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far he’s going into great depth and sometimes he talks about the people he worked with on early movies That gets a bit boring. I do like it when he talks about his family and friends he gets more animated then. He is reading it so you feel like he is talking to you.

      Delete