Saturday, June 10, 2023

A lovely day


The day started with the National Museum of Ireland- Archaeology 

So many marvellous things. Unfortunately there are no lifts so I had to leave the top floor full of Greek pottery 

I think I’ve seen plenty any way 
But the rest of the museum was full of Viking and early Irish artefacts 

















I then decided to jump on the hop on hop off bus. I did a lap, to see all the sights, listening to the audio with the ear buds they supply 

I caught the bus at stop 5. It terminated at 25 so we had to swap busses to continue the loop. I stayed downstairs as I was getting off five stops in 

The driver convinced me to do the whole loop again because he was doing the commentary. And he said he was very good at it. 

So I did lol 
And he was. 

Since the whole loop lasts about an hour and a half. It pretty much took up
The rest of the day lol 

I don’t mind. I certainly got my moneys worth from that bus company 

Some of the sights we saw 



















It really is the best way to care a city if you only have one or two days. 

I’m finally home again. And having a little rest before going off to find dinner. 

I might even stay and have some here in the hotel 
I hope your enjoying all my photos. 

10 comments:

  1. Really enjoying all your photos. The museum looks very interesting. Never mind the Greek stuff. You can see that in Greece lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s what I thought lol
      Angela

      Delete
  2. I'm loving your posts. And wondering if there were any spindle whorls among the artefacts. They are not always well labeled, sometimes mistaken for some kind of weapon! But since they were often made of stone, they survive. They've been found in ancient women's graves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn’t know one if I saw one. Well I don’t think anyway. There were lots of weapons
      Angela

      Delete
  3. I'm enjoying the posts of your travels too. A bus tour is a great way to see the city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so impressed by them I think I’ll see if there is one in Melbourne. Go on it and see my city through the eyes of a tourist

      Delete
  4. I would love to see major museum.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part is in the uk and here in Ireland they’re free entry.
      Pretty sure the one in Melbourne is too. You only pay to see the special exhibits that have come on loan for a short time

      Delete
  5. The hop on hop off bus is great. We did a circuit, got off to have lunch and then on again for another circuit to see all the things we missed the first time. A wonderful way to see the city. It's way too big to walk it, you'd never see everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you find out about all the little things you never knew. So informative

      Delete