Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Glasgow. Busy day

I’ve only got a few days in Glasgow so we had to fit in a big today. Once again the hop on hop off bus was our best answer 

First stop was the people’s palace 




A single room tenement from just after the Second World War 











Then off to the Glasgow harbour riverside museum 














Lots of transport from many years ago on display 

There was even a tall ship we saw and boarded 









Once again we hopped on the bus and visited the 
Kelvingrove  art gallery and museum 

























There was so much to see but my phone had almost died by the end of the day 
And both Nancy and I were getting pretty flat too. We only saw about two thirds but kept to what we were interested in so it was all good   I don’t think I missed anything I’d really like 

Now back home and resting until dinner.

I wonder what we will have 

7 comments:

  1. This is a lovely glimpse of my late husband's home town. With features it didn't have when we were there visiting his Maryhill mom in the early 60s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad you liked it. We really packed lots in today

      Delete
  2. So many interesting and varied objects! I like the carousel horses and the tall ship. They must have had a Canada section, eh, with that moose skeleton, stuffed bison calf, BC indigenous totem pole and the stuffed bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was. I forgot to mention that lol
      I was tired after the long day. Good pickup

      Delete
  3. We might have missed making some comments but we have followed you every step of the way. You have seen more of Glasgow than F managed last time she was there (times before that were just fly-by as she headed to Highlands). You are certainly packing it in - something big in every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much history. As Tigger said, read every day but don't always have time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful things you're getting to see! I hope the rest of your trip is wonderful, and that your pain is not so bad that you can't get adequate rest.

    Love,
    Snowbrush

    ReplyDelete