Monday, June 12, 2023

Gkendalough co Wicklow and Taylor’s three rock

Off to Wicklow today and we saw some amazing scenery. The Ireland we imagine when reading stories from here 





We learned about Kevin who wanted to be away from the world. But the world came to him so he preached and taught them all about his beliefs 









After seeing the ruins of his church and other buildings 
We came back to hotel for a rest before going to an Irish cabaret 

This is the oldest thatched pub in Dublin. Or it could be Ireland I can’t remember. Sorry lol 

But it was an amazing building. 
The animals on top are made from willow 



Inside the thatched roof 



Our tour group. 
Our amazing tour director is Scottish so she named made us clan Mac Trafalgar 



It was a truly amazing night. With lovely food. Irish dancing and music. 
The traditional instruments were my favourite part. 
At the end of the meal we all had an  Irish coffee and I’m now a devotee. 

We all had a huge laugh an the bus home and if it wasn’t for the fact that we need to be up and organised early I’m sure we would if kept going. 

Tomorrow we leave Dublin and head off to new adventures 

7 comments:

  1. What fun this all sounds. You're so good at writing it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I get so much information I get it a little confused.
      But I do try to keep it all correct for you

      Delete
  2. Looks great Angela. You're having wonderful adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, there's nothing quite like Irish Coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet that Irish night was terrific, especially with Irish coffee. Another great tour coming up I can see

    ReplyDelete