Monday, June 26, 2023

A series of unfortunate events




Yesterday was the official last day of the tour 
We all waved good bye as everyone went off in their separate ways. 

Unfortunately quite a few returned as flights had been cancelled 

One poor couple got up really early to be at the airport only to discover their flight cancelled and ended up coming back for another night 

Meanwhile I decided to go for a walk through the streets of Edinburgh only to come a cropper 

Long story short I had a fall 
I fell hard. 
There were a group of people nearby and they came over to check on me. 

They had to help me up. I limped home trying to not cry. I had been so good for so long. 

The couple who had returned messaged me to let me know they were there and I told them about my fall

Well the grape vine worked well and I got a message from my Aussie friend to make sure I was ok. 

She was still at the hotel. We meet downstairs and we walked to get a wrist bandage and some pain killers for me.  

That afternoon Nancy arrived and we all had dinner together 

While we were relaxing later that evening we got the email telling us our flight had been cancelled 

Lots of discussion 
Options reviewed and finally we accepted the flight they rebooked us on
Only we had to get to Glasgow for it. 

A taxi
Two busses
A plane ride
And another taxi
And we are here
Back at the tower hotel were we started 

It all went smoothly except at the airport they only had one line for all British airways flights and even though we got there over two hours early. They ended up rushing us at the end and we only got to the plane just they started to board us. 

They got cranky and so did we. 
You will be proud to know I didn’t lose my cool and yell at all. 

See I’ve grown during this trip 

4 comments:

  1. Well, with a bad fall and flight cancellations and rushing to get on the substituted flight without yelling -- you have the patience of Job! Have a good flight home and I hope you recover quickly from that fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, all the bad stuff was crammed into the last day. I hope that wrist heals soon. And that you have a good flight home. You've brought us along on the trip of a lifetime! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Angela, you poor thing. Still better the last day not the first.
    Nearly home.
    Caro

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 bad things and it is all over (Linda would say spit on it three times). Sorry to hear they came at all but at least it was at the very end. xxx mr T and F

    ReplyDelete