Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Blarney and Killarney

This morning we headed off to blarney castle to see the famous stone. 

No way was I going to climb up all those steps. Hand out over the wall backwards kiss a stone and then walk back down again. 

Those that know me. Know I don’t need to kiss the stone. I’m doing very well thanks in the gift of the gab lol.but there were so many other things to see 



Obviously the castle is impressive even if I didn’t climb all the way up to the top 


The gardens are stunning 






There’s a poisons garden sine plants even bite 



The wishing steps. I didn’t club those as you have to do it backwards.  I can fall over going forwards on flat ground 



I couldn’t see the witch I hope that means she has escaped 



I stood in the middle of these stones and tried to imagine the ancient rituals 



The fey were everywhere 





Another stone circle 



I got this one from another guest. 
I couldn’t see the spot from the ground. 
I must be blind lol 



After some lunch we headed off to Killarney 
We are staying here for two nights. 

Today we went on a junty ride in a horse and carriage 





This white boy was ours. His name is Bobby 
What a cutie 

For dinner we had our “ be our guest” dinner at 
Muckross traditional farm 

It was a real very old farm. 







Clydesdales that work the fields 



Irish wolfhounds 





Peat for the fires 



The tool for cutting the peat. I can’t remember the name. I did ask him too. Sorry 



And finally some very old  yarn work 



Although it was hot they had a small fire going in the kitchen burning the peat 



We even had singing and some dancing. 
It was wonderful 
And the food was traditional wholesome and  fresh 

Can’t ask for better than that 

4 comments:

  1. What a brilliant post. The Irish do like to do things backwards!
    Irish wolfhounds are one of my favourite breeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvellous trip. A magical place lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great and very full day out - Mr T not so keen on the wolfhounds. We can't believe they are still burning peat - one of the worst possible ways to mess with the environment and release trapped CO2 back into the atmosphere. Peat harvesting has been all but banned in England. xxx Mr T and F

    ReplyDelete