Sunday, June 11, 2023

Best of Ireland and Scotland day 1


This morning started nice and easy. I took a walk after breakfast along the canal in front of the hotel 









I stayed close to the hotel because at some point our tour director was going to arrive 

I finally caught up with her. A lovely lady named Fiona. 
We chatted and she gave me some paperwork and told me to be at the lounge around 4.40 so we can all go to our welcome dinner 

Dinner was at 
Nancy hands bar and restaurant 
It’s called that as Nancy was the first woman publican in Dublin and during the two hours on a Sunday when you weren’t allowed to serve alcohol, she had a hole in the wall. Where you could knock and her hand would come out with a beer 

I really liked that. 

Tomorrow the busy tour schedules will begin 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, this was just a brief day off! You're indomitable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously spent a couple of hours watching movies today.
      I needed a day of rest

      Delete
  2. You deserve to take it easy. It's been a busy trip and I'm enjoying the posts from cold Wellington.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve had a good nights sleep and I’m ready to go again.
      I know I’ll bomb when I get home. But that’s ok.

      Delete
  3. That canal stroll looked like a good restorative - a place to sit and watch other movement for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice story about Nancy's hand. The canal looks a peaceful place for a stroll. Looking forward to your next travel photos

    ReplyDelete