Monday, September 25, 2023

Alterations

 Ought some tops last week. 
They were on sale so they were a good deal 

Only problem was they had elastic along the bottom attaching the binding 

This made them hook under your bottom and make you look way fatter than I am. 



So I removed the binding and elastic 



And then did a little hem. 



Now they sit flat and give me a much nicer shape 

And I need all the help I can get 

All three tops are now done
Way better than putting them in the back of the wardrobe and forgetting all about them. 

9 comments:

  1. Tops with elasticated hems always shoot upwards on me and bunch up around my middle. It is NOT a good look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. That was another problem. That is now gone

      Delete
  2. I'm all for altering to fit, getting use from items that didn't quite work before. I wonder who can wear those elastic hem styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elasticised hems are the devil's work! Well done for making them fit properly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. I hope they were a good deal to have to do extra work to style them properly.

    ReplyDelete