Tuesday, September 26, 2023

An energetic day




This morning was day two of swimming. Only an hour a day.   But it’s better than no swimming 

Then coffee and  quick shop, then home to do washing. 

I got a message from Nancy asking if I would like to go for a walk around the gardens 

We haven’t walked since coming back from und uk so I said absolutely yes. 

We did about three kilometres wandering around looking at all the spring flowers then another coffee 

I bought some Christmas stocking fillets for the girls at the gift store. 

Then Nancy needed to stop at the supermarket 
Where I picked up some azaleas 



Don’t know why it’s upside down but you get the gist 

Now cooking some chicken and rice in the oven 




And some chow mein 
It always tastes better the next day.  This is for tomorrow 


Once I’ve cooked and cleaned up 
I’ll sit and rest with my crochet 

I’m aiming to make it three days in a row for the pool. 
I’m going to kick myself in the bottom to make sure I get there 

11 comments:

  1. Go you!! Just don't overdo it if your body says stop. Home grown chickens?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No store bought. We have consumed the ones we processed

      Delete
  2. Go easy at the pool. Don't charge into another session of prolonged pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve been very good and only doing an hour. So far so good

      Delete
  3. Remember to read your body! They do say that one day between exertion allows the effect better. Is there a recipe for that chicken, or did you wing it? Sorry, couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That comment reads like a bad translation. But I think you'll get the gist.

      Delete
    2. I did get the gist and the wing lol
      I just lightly fried some leeks, as that’s what I had in the garden. Added some oregano. Again from the garden then added the rice. Mixed it until it was all covered in the olive oil.
      Place chicken in dish add the rice mix and cover the whole thing with stock. In the big pan I use a litre of stock. Store bought. Much easier
      Cook until rice has absorbed the liquid and the chicken is browned. Very easy
      I have used onions, and I sometimes add kale What ever you want really

      Delete