Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Thinking outside the box

My outside furniture needed the covers cleaned. But if I tried to pull them off and wash them one more time they would fall apart. 

We did beat them and got all the dust off. But they looked stained. They’re just getting on 

Hubby suggested we buy new covers. So I looked online and one set of four covers cost $65. 
That’s just the small cushions. 

So I decided I would make them. 

Monday I headed off to the op shop and bought three doona covers. Total cost $20 

Two covers were used on this. I kept the material double so I knew it would cover and be more durable 





I forgot to take a before shot but in this pic you can see the old material was looking shabby 



I’m hoping the last doona cover be enough to finish the single chairs 

The pillow cases can be used to make the strips down the sides. 

All three are mainly dark blue so even though they’re not exactly the same. They match 

A good day’s sewing I think 
And way cheaper than buying ready made 

6 comments:

  1. Well done you. That was a blinder of an idea and I like the colour scheme. You were lucky to find such strong colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever you. You'll have an even nicer outdoor area and all your own handiwork and ingenuity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't you do this last year? I remember your doing some sort of outdoor chair covers or cushions. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I washed them last year. But the seems are all coming apart now That’s why they needed new covers

      Delete