Sunday, September 24, 2023

Sunny Sunday

It’s a lovely sunny day today 
Hubby decided he would weed this garden Bed and re mulch it for the coming summer. 

I had been asking friends to save newspapers for me. I had a good amount and started laying them down in a thick layer 



Wetting it down as I went. 
The hubby got the mulch and using the front end loader gently tipped it over the fence 

A wick going over with the rake and it’s done. 
Although I did get home to remove a section around the plants so they could get some  air 



In between laying papers I weeded pots and watered garden beds 

I also worked on the blanket. 



It’s getting longer and I think I’m half way done 

Sitting in the outdoor area. The overhead fan going and the blinds up to let any breeze through, it was quite comfortable 

Hubby is still playing, I mean working, with the tractor 
Other than that it’s very quiet with only the birds making noises. 

Absolutely bliss. 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Enjoying a refreshing now and admiring the handiwork

      Delete
  2. I really like the stitch and the colours of your blanket. Looks very nice.
    Good work in the garden!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s very simple. Just double crochets, American terms, but you only use the back loop

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Still so much to do. But we are learning, very slowly, to pace ourselves these days

      Delete
  4. Yes, about playing, er, working with the tractor. Boys and toys! Lovely peaceful day. I must be getting old, when a peaceful day is more welcome than an exciting one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love peaceful days.
      Just sitting and enjoying the lovely weather just makes it even more special

      Delete