Sunday, September 10, 2023

Seedlings


Even though we have had a return to winter weather 
It definitely is time to get the seeds started for spring planting 

I went through my seed bank and choose these 






I need to get more capsicum and sweet chilli seeds 
Or I might just “cheat” and buy seedlings 

Here are all the little pots 
The big orange one is the one with tomato seeds 



They have been zipped up after a sprinkling of water 
Fingers crossed they start to sprout 



And just to prove that regardless of the weather. It really is spring. 
My first rose of the season 



Garden work is coming along slowly these days. 
But I’m am getting through it 
And that’s what counts 

6 comments:

  1. I see you get Fothergills seeds over there too, and note that you too buy seeds from lots of different seed suppliers. I lkke the small family ones that supply seeds they have produced in farms near me. I figure if it grows for them i get the same weather it'll grow for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grab them anywhere I go. If they’re on sale I buy them

      Delete
  2. Yes , I need to rattle my dags and get a move on to plan my summer garden. Good luck with your seed raising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad I didn't make a vege garden here! If we can find a place quickly I might get some in this coming season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all you have to worry about right now a garden isn’t a priority.
    Although it is excellent stress relief I guess.

    ReplyDelete