Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Hodge podge

Today we have a little bit of everything 

Flowers 






Seedlings coming up 







Cattle coming home 





Dam reefs coming back. I might try cutting them and covering them in salt   Might dry them out and kill them especially in their open wound. So to speak 



I’m slowly coming to the realisation that swimming isn’t helping me any more. It’s making my back worse. I have to stop and get out of the pool because the pain is getting bad while I’m in the water. That’s never happened before. 

I’ve bought this cushion and it’s really helping me while sitting at night watching telly. 
I used to use lots of pillows and cushions. This isn’t moving and seems to be a better choice 



I did swim yesterday and was up all night with pain. I gave it a miss this morning just because I was just too tired. 

So if I’m needed I’ll be out here. Enjoying the warm breeze and working on my blanket. 



I’m sad to think I’ll have to give up the pool. 
I’ve made lots of friends and it’s fantastic for mental health. 
I’m still deciding on what I’ll do. But for now I’ll go when I can and not put pressure on myself 
That’s all I can do for now 

6 comments:

  1. So sorry that the swimming isn't the fun it was. Maybe your idea of just limiting it but not cutting it out is a good plan. Worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think I’ll just go for shorter sessions and start from square one.
      Nice and easy I just have to get over this current flare

      Delete
  2. Maybe a different swim style, or some flotation aids to change your posture in the water, or just float around on your back looking at the ceiling? It seems a real shame to lose the social contact as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. We don’t wet our hair lol
      I’ll do more walking and less swimming in the deep end for now I think.

      Delete
  3. Pity about the swimming but you have to listen to your body. Maybe you can find some alternate exercise class?
    Meantime, enjoy sitting and crocheting in your mighty open air space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately the weather has turned cold and wet again so it’s inside time again

      Delete